9 Steps to Creating an Amazing Brand
Your brand is the way customers perceive your company. It allows you to stand out among similar businesses and let’s people get to know you and what you stand for. Brand building can really make or break a business. Let’s take a look at the ways you can build a successful brand.
1. Identify and develop the brand or service that will be provided. What are you giving people? What is the purpose of your company?
2. Discover your brand’s purpose. Why do you do what you do? What are you passionate about your company? What do you stand for? What problems do you solve? What makes you different? Answering these questions gives you a clear sense of your company’s identity and differentiates your brand from others.
3. Identify your target audience. Who are you marketing to? What particular demographic are you trying to draw to your brand? It is important to cater to the specific needs of your target brand and not spread yourself too thin. Find out characteristics such as the gender, age, and income level of your customer base. This will build trust and create a loyal following because it shows customers that you know their needs. For example, instead of focusing on all millennials, focus on millenials who are working through college. Get as specific as you can and find out the lifestyle of your customers in order to get your message across crystal clear to the correct people.
4. Identify what makes your brand unique. Is your brand extra friendly? Professional? Technical? What characteristics about your brand help you relate to your targeted consumer base?
5. Get Social. In today’s generation, it seems that everything has gone digital. Your company needs a really well designed and easy to navigate website. Social media marketing is a huge part of your business’ image. Getting your company out there for the world to see can drive some much needed traffic and increase awareness of your brand.
6. Get personal! Form a brand personality by staying consistent in your image. Tell consumers stories, share behind the scenes content, and remain in contact with consumers. Let them get to know you through your brand. This will build a connection with them and create loyalty.
7. Create a logo and slogan that reflects who you are as a company. This will show your identity and allows your personality to shine through. This will make your brand stand out so it is a good idea to consult a professional for design and digital help.
8. Make sure your brand is in every aspect of your business. Stay consistent. Make sure people know what you are promising and follow through. The environment you create for consumers, whether it’s online or in a brick-and-mortar store, should reflect your brand. Physical aspects of your brand such as business cards and packaging should include your logo. Keep your brand style consistent across your website and/or the design of your physical store. Hire people who fit the mission and values of your brand.
9. Stay true to yourself and believe in your brand. You should be your brand's biggest advocate, because after all, if you don't believe in it how can you expect anyone else to?
Brand building can seem like a huge and scary task, but you don’t have to do it alone. Guru Peeps has worked with over 100 companies on things like product development, to influencer marketing, branding, performance marketing, social media management, and digital PR. We’ve created over 600 products, over 5,000 influencer posts, and generated over $50 million in revenue. To music streaming companies like Spotify to hair care like Amika, we scientifically develop every product, project, or campaign, to address demographic needs and wants. We stay on top of upcoming market trends in the industry and forecast opportunities, given our clients a competitive edge.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help elevate your brand